Capital City Village members enjoy being a part of a community of friends and volunteers who provide support for aging in our own homes for as long as possible.
One of our members recently said:
"A CCV volunteer has been taking me grocery shopping almost every Tuesday for the last year or so. He's always kind and helpful. He carries my four heavy grocery bags into my apartment without complaint. He also carries in any package I might have had delivered.
But today he really went above and beyond. He helped me to catch my cat and put on the cat's flea medicine -- which was not easy since Panther highly objects to this procedure. I can't thank your volunteers enough for being such good friends, and I can't thank CCV enough for always being there when I need some assistance. I don't know what I'd do without you!"
CCV members have access to:
- A broad range of enriching social activities and informational programs (most free or low-cost) on aging issues including topics on health and wellbeing, technology, and local resources for seniors and their families;
- Supportive services - including transportation, technology help, minor home fix-its and more - provided by trusted volunteers (all volunteers are background-checked). Members may request up to 3 volunteer services per week;
- Referral to member-recommended professional service providers such as handypersons, plumbers, home care providers, etc. - many offering discounts to village members; and
- Peace of mind knowing that the resources needed to age well in your home, in our community, are just one phone call away!
- Capital City Village offers a sliding scale for membership based on household income making Village participation open to seniors of all incomes. Please click here to find out more about membership levels.